Trouble getting Goldwave to Record from Focusrite 18i8

GoldWave general discussions and community help
noexit23

Trouble getting Goldwave to Record from Focusrite 18i8

Post by noexit23 »

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 USB Audio interface on Windows 10 64 bit that for some reason, Goldwave can only see the first Mono channel on as MIC channel. What I need is for Goldwave to record from at least 2 of it's inputs to create a stereo signal. Any ideas on how I can make this work? Does Goldwave support ASIO or is this necessary?
Tristan

Re: Trouble getting Goldwave to Record from Focusrite 18i8

Post by Tristan »

GoldWave doesn't support ASIO. Installing the ASIO driver, therefore, is irrelevant to getting the interface to work right on GoldWave.

You might want to check the main Windows sound panel to make sure all of the interface input channels are activated.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
DewDude420

Re: Trouble getting Goldwave to Record from Focusrite 18i8

Post by DewDude420 »

Unless there's a seperate utility that will let you configure two inputs for stereo; you'll likely need a full-fledged multi-track capable of recording from two devices simultaneously.

Devices like that can be tricky to get working as stereo since they're not designed as such. You literally have 4 mono mic devices. Like I said, there may be a utility or something that will let you combine two of them as a stereo; but it would really depend on what software they gave you.