What Keyboards do you Use?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
SuzTunes

What Keyboards do you Use?

Post by SuzTunes »

Hey everyone, I am fairly new to using Goldwave and so far I am enjoying it. I purchased Gold Wave so that I could get more into producing music and I am finding that for $45 this is a great little tool to help get into it.

Something I have been noticing however is that my current keyboard(Steelseries Apex M500 with Cherry MX switches) is too loud for my to focus on the sounds that are coming out of my headphones. I already have a pretty expensive set of headphones and as there are some things in my house that I need to be able to hear at least a little bit, I thought I should look at replacing the keyboard. I prefer wired keyboards and I need to have a number pad on it and was wondering what kind of keyboards that you all use? Do most users here have membrane keyboards or just low profile mechanical? I am willing to spend up to $100 on this BTW, so any recommendations that would come in below that budget would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone :)

I went to some shops that were a bit further out then I would normally go and found some decent keyboards there but all the prices were extortionate! Most of them were at least twice of the price I could find online, so I decided to just have a look for the same models when I got home and ended up getting a nice Logitech keyboard from http://www.for-sale.co.uk/logitech-illuminated-keyboard that is virtually silent. It is used and the old owner replaced all the switches with super quiet ones. Pretty happy with it now and my concentration is not wavering a bit! Thanks for the advice everyone!
Last edited by SuzTunes on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristan

Re: What Keyboards do you Use?

Post by Tristan »

I just use a Gear Head mini-keyboard I got from MCM. It's wired. Doesn't have a number pad. Nothing special about it, except that it's small. If you're fussy about noise, I'd recommend something else.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

I'd recommend going to a computer or office suppy store. Try some out and maybe get some advice from a salesperson. I did get hits when I Googled "quiet keyboard" but it would be better if you can try it.
SuzTunes

Post by SuzTunes »

DougDbug wrote:I'd recommend going to a computer or office suppy store. Try some out and maybe get some advice from a salesperson. I did get hits when I Googled "quiet keyboard" but it would be better if you can try it.
I was thinking of doing it, just had doubts how many noiseless keyboards they would have in the shops in my area. Might just be time to head to a bigger shop.
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

I have somr Logitech wireless keyboard that came with a nice wireless mouse.

Noise from it doesn't bother me because I either use headphones with a high level of isolation. I mostly use speakers on my desk, so I just turn the volume up.
BillK

Post by BillK »

Most people will dislike my choice for keyboards. I pay $3.99 for my keyboards from Micro Center. When they get dirty, or a key sticks, I simply toss it in the trash, and get a new one out of the stack of 4 or 5 sitting on my shelf. So that way, you guys with your expensive keyboards cannot replace your keyboards like I can. These keyboards (Inland) used to cost $1.99, but recently doubled in price. But - even at $4.00 a pop, it would take me 25 years to spend $100 on my keyboards. The benefit, is that I get a brand new one every year!