Difference between Position in Cue Points and Exports

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Shingo

Difference between Position in Cue Points and Exports

Post by Shingo »

I am editing Cue Points for my experiment recording electroencepharogram, and I am planning to send event markers to an EEG amplifier utilizing the Cue Points. My concern is the difference between the Position in Cue Points window and the exported Cue Points. An example is as below. How can I understand the difference between the two. Thank you in advance.

Cue Points Position
00:00:00.00000 1
00:00:03.68771 11
00:00:03.96145 111

Exported Cue Points
REM GoldWave
FILE "A001.wav" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "1"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "11"
INDEX 01 00:03:52
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "111"
INDEX 01 00:03:72
DewDude420

Re: Difference between Position in Cue Points and Exports

Post by DewDude420 »

I'm going to cut to the chase since I know what's confusing you:

time format.

In the cue-points window, you're getting time in decimal format. However, CUE sheets were intended for AudioCD creation, so they store time in frames per second, which a CD is 75 frames a second.
Shingo

Post by Shingo »

Thank you for the quick and kind reply. I have understood CUE sheets. I am planning to utilize Cue Points as triggers to send event markers to an EEG amplifier for the analysis of electroencepharogram. Can I understand that the Cue Points are recorded exactly as specified in Position in Cue Points window for the exact sending of triggers? Thank you in advance again.
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

Exactly depends on your definition.

You can (likely) place a marker in Goldwave with sample precision...but a single CD frame is 1/75th of a second...or a difference of 588 samples, .01333333 seconds.

This is all the accuracy I've ever needed, and Ive never used CUE sheets for anything except exporting audio CDs...which you want splits to occur on frame boundaries.

Goldwave has an option for splitting on boundaries, so it may store a more accurate version i side the WAV file and just rounds for export.

But CUE standard is fps...so you're going to deal with that regardless of what program you use since they export the same CUE format.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If you require sample accurate information, you can use the "Copy All" button instead and paste it to Notepad (or a spreadsheet). That information includes the actual sample offset of the cue point.