Speed Change, Something So Frustrating

GoldWave general discussions and community help
JackA

Speed Change, Something So Frustrating

Post by JackA »

Have two mixed of an old 60s tune, mono only. I thought why not sync the two. Opened Audacity for a simple speed change of one track, make one faster or
one slower, I don't care, minor difference. But it ignored what I wanted. Then I open GW with it's Time Warp. Hoping to plug in a percentage value like 1.05
or .95, but its options pick a number between 25 and 400! Then you can specify total length, but that got me frustrated too. Maybe I'm the dumbest person who walked Earth or what I'm attempting to do is very difficult. I mean, the control window has a speed conrtrol where I can enter 1.02 percent, but I can't enter that Value anywhere else. I can post a two track mp3 later. Using v5.70. Thank you!
JackA

Re: Speed Change, Something So Frustrating

Post by JackA »

... Or is that 25 to 400 value in Time Warp actually 25 to 400 where 100 means no change? So if I wanted a 2 % change in speed, I'd enter 102? From what I hear, unsynced, this should work nicely!
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

Therr is a drastically good chance they will never sync. You may find after speed adjustment that the sync will drift. This is due to clock differences in the device that digitized the recording.
JackA

Post by JackA »

I jumped the gun, Dew. Such subtle differences between the two versions, not enough to make interesting stereo.
Worth a try :)

Thank.
Jack
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You'd just multiple by 100 to get the percent. So 0.95 = 95% and 1.05 = 105%.