goldwave 4.26 and flac

GoldWave general discussions and community help
anajonda

goldwave 4.26 and flac

Post by anajonda »

Hi,

silly question time. On my old computer I was able to open FLAC files with 4.26 until recently when something got screwed up. My problem is that I don't know how I got Goldwave to do it. Anybody have any suggestions on what might help?

Before answering, bear in mind that this is not on my regular computer, this is on my old one, so I don't really need anything beyond this simple question answered, least of all comments like "why don't you upgrade?" or "good luck!".

I appreciate any solutions anyone might have for this (comparatively minor) issue.
Thanks in advance.
DougDbug

Re: goldwave 4.26 and flac

Post by DougDbug »

Is it only one particular FLAC? Can you re-open a FLAC that you've just created with GoldWave?

Some people have had trouble with FLACs that contained invalid tags, and from what I recall they were created with EAC, which was configured wrong. (Maybe an ID3 tag in a FLAC file?)
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: goldwave 4.26 and flac

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

FLAC support wasn't added to GoldWave until v5. Your old computer may have had a DirectShow decoder for FLAC files installed. That would allow GoldWave to open FLAC files, but not save them. You could try this.