How to enable Stereo Mixer in Windows 10 1803 OS 17134.112

GoldWave general discussions and community help

How to enable Stereo Mixer in Windows 10 1803 OS 17134.112

Postby scopio » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Tried to record with Goldwave Digital Audio Editing Software but I cannot find how to enable the Stereo Mixer in Windows 10 1803 OS 17134.112.
In previous Windows versions including Windows 10 I could click on the speaker icon > Recording and enable Stereo Mixer as can be shown below (although that is a screenshot from my laptop running Windows 8.1).
https://s19.postimg.cc/p6r3brosj/2018-06-16_22-18-39.jpg

Any help would be most appreciated. :D
scopio

Re: How to enable Stereo Mixer in Windows 10 1803 OS 17134.1

Postby DougDbug » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:48 am

That's a driver feature and it's getting rarer.

Try WASAPI LOOPBACK. Go Options -> Control Properties - System and select Core Audio / WASAPI.

Then go to Options -> Control Properties - Device -> Record and select LOOPBACK.

With WASAPI LOOPBACK you generally have to start playback before you can start recording.
DougDbug

Postby scopio » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:46 am

DougDbug wrote:That's a driver feature and it's getting rarer.

Try WASAPI LOOPBACK. Go Options -> Control Properties - System and select Core Audio / WASAPI.

Then go to Options -> Control Properties - Device -> Record and select LOOPBACK.

With WASAPI LOOPBACK you generally have to start playback before you can start recording.

Hi DougDbug,
Thanks for your response.
I have gone to “Go Options -> Control Properties - System and select Core Audio / WASAPI.
Then go to Options -> Control Properties - Device -> Record and select LOOPBACK.”
The option that did work was with LOOPBACK speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) [0536]
Thanks for your help. :D
scopio

Postby donrandall » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:55 pm

Scopio...

I recently had a problem develop that meant I could not record. It drove me nuts. I checked to be sure I had not made any physical changes to my setup that might have created the problem. I tried various malware removal tools and had no luck. I played around with the Goldwave settings (F11). I Played around with all the settings in Windows.

I gave up and took the computer to a very competent local shop and they dumped Windows 10 and reverted back to W 8. No help there, so reinstalled W 10.

I retrieved my computer and dinked around and used every magic word I ever knew... and apparently one of them worked. Unfortunately, I did not take notes and have no idea which one.

I am still convinced it was the contemporaneous W 10 update... although I can't be sure... but sometimes correlation and causation do go hand in hand.

I wish you well.
donrandall

Return to GoldWave General