Chromebook support?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
meakle

Chromebook support?

Post by meakle »

I know, I know. This is a silly question. But, I'm going to ask it anyway.

My Windows laptop, where I ran a license version of Goldwave for probably 10 years, died a sudden and dramatic death. I've looked at options, and decided I really don't need Windows any longer (except to use for Goldwave), so I have opted for a Chromebook, running Chrome OS.

Now, I don't have Goldwave, and I need it. Nothing else I've found comes close. Is there any alternative method of running Goldwave on a Chromebook, say online or whatever? Anything?

If not, any other recommendations for a tool like it? Really, all I MUST have are
* the ability to increase or decrease volume on all or part of a WAV file
* the ability to rip MP3s out of WAV files

Thoughts? Told you it was a silly question.
BillK

Re: Chromebook support?

Post by BillK »

Well, I have heard from Chris (a few times) mention that his development environment is in the Windows arena. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for your wish. On the other hand - if those features you mention are ALL YOU WANT, there are probably some good alternatives to get you to your goal.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

GoldWave is still tied to Windows. You might be able to use "Audacity" on a Chromebook.
hbs1961

Post by hbs1961 »

my chromebook, bought in the last 2 months = about july 2018, allows me to install an app called crossover that acts as a Win shell to run Win programs. I have not tried it with goldwave yet ... i was about to, that is why i am here.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I think Crossover is based on Wine, which supports some versions of GoldWave.

However Android and iOS versions of GoldWave are in development. You can follow updates on facebook.
Quayle

Post by Quayle »

That's great to hear. Just followed the Facebook group too. Personally, I can't wait for the iOS version, but an Android version would do if it's going to come out sooner than iOS.