select multiple intervals & invert curr.selection possible?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
mattad

select multiple intervals & invert curr.selection possible?

Post by mattad »

Is it possible to select multiple intervals in WaveForm?

Is it possible to invert the current selection in WaveForm?
Read: Can I select all what is currently NOT selected and vice versa?

Matt
DougDbug

Re: select multiple intervals & invert curr.selection possib

Post by DougDbug »

No, you can only make one selection at a time (pretty much like a word processor). No you can't invert the selection (and typically, that would result in two parts selected at once).

You might be able to do something with Edit -> Cue Point.

Or, sometimes I'll drag the start or finish markers together so the old end-marker can become the new start-marker (or vice-versa). I seem to do that a lot but at the moment I can't remember why...
2leftfeet

Re: select multiple intervals & invert curr.selection possib

Post by 2leftfeet »

What are you trying to do? maybe if you told us exactly what you are trying to do, someone is sure to be able to help you. You can play the "Unselected" part of the waveform (play 2 option) Hit F11 and look under the play 2 item. You can choose a keyboard shortcut to this item (look under "Options and Keyboard shortcuts"). If you want to select other parts of the waveform to play or not play I think you will have to put cuepoints in where you want to select and then to use the "select between cuepoints" to choose which parts you want to deal with. If you want to select and play multiple selections, you might have a look at Videomeld. Without going into much detail here, you can put your wavefile into a track, copy it into other tracks and chop pieces out and re-arrange them however you want and then combine into a (new) single wavefile. You can preview the project in it's entirety but you can only save a short section in the unregistered version. Register and you can save everything. Using a combination of both programs works very well for me and has done for many years now. I've said before play around with copies of your work and you will always be able to go back to the original if you mess up.