v33, v34, v35, not pro...

GoldWave general discussions and community help
HiSpeed

v33, v34, v35, not pro...

Post by HiSpeed »

Hi,

Sorry but, I don't like to discover v33, v34, v35 in the same couple of days.
That appears not professional !
There is no developer or beta-tester, capable to check before release ?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: v33, v34, v35, not pro...

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Even the largest companies release updates with errors or problems, despite extensive testing. Just Google search for "Microsoft update broke" and see what you find. Look into the Spectre patch issues caused by Intel.

All software developers would like to write perfect, error free code, but unfortunately no one is perfect and neither is testing. The professional thing to do is to correct the problem and release an update as soon as possible to minimize the number of people affected. I would think that most people would take comfort knowing that any potentially serious issues in GoldWave are fixed quickly so that the vast majority of users are never affected.

Frankly I don't understand your attitude. No one purposely makes mistakes. Was it a huge inconvenience to download and install the updates? Would you prefer that issues are left unfixed for months so you only have to download one update just to make it seem more "professional"?

I would love to be able report many problems to Microsoft, Embarcadero, Google, etc. and have them release updates within hours, but that never happens. GoldWave users do get that kind of service.
HiSpeed

Post by HiSpeed »

Hi,

Please don't make mistakes.
I'm an old software engineer with experience of R&D and Product Marketing.
The problem here is not a bugs fixing or product improvement but to give 3 releases in a couple of day.
It's the first time I see that...

Regards,
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

HiSpeed wrote:Please don't make mistakes.
Do you think developers make mistakes on purpose? You are the first software engineer I've encountered that has never made a mistake.

Seriously though, in what way did these rapid updates affect you negatively?
HiSpeed

Post by HiSpeed »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Do you think developers make mistakes on purpose? You are the first software engineer I've encountered that has never made a mistake.
Mistakes on what I was trying to explain !
GoldWave Inc. wrote:Seriously though, in what way did these rapid updates affect you negatively?
Download and install for nothing on several PCs !

Finally, if you can't understand what I mean, I wasted my time with you...
2leftfeet

Post by 2leftfeet »

Your comments are not needed and I one hundred percent agree with Chris, No one is perfect and to be honest having to update twice in three days is no big deal. I make this statement as an eighty year old user. I have made mistakes in the past and always make allowances for other peoples error. Now go and have a happy day!!
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Would you prefer that issues are left unfixed for months so you only have to download one update just to make it seem more "professional"?
That's what I was wondering. :) Chris, your bug fixes are just too prompt, dammit.
Last edited by Tristan on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
BillK

Post by BillK »

I've been writing programs since 1965. Rarely do we (in the professional world) encounter one so rude as YOU, Mister HiSpeed. If you don't like it, then simply LEAVE - and we'll all be happy - including YOU.
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

HiSpeed wrote: Download and install for nothing on several PCs !

A username like "HiSpeed" would imply that you probably have high-speed internet...in which case it shouldn't be anything for you to download the program multiple times and install it. It's not like installing ProTools or Audition CC or even izotope RX5 which takes a good 10 minutes. Even on my 6 year old PC Goldwave took about a minute to update and install.

So 3 minutes out of a day compared to dealing with a buggy program for months..or waiting even longer.

I do not know ONE developer/programmer/application that did not have bugs upon release. I've known SEVERAL that have made us live with bugs because pushing out a fix wasn't "in the budget". Microsoft pushes out bad updates all the time. Adobe has pushed out bad updates. Hell...I had the firmware for a ham radio have a bug that prevented it from transmitting full power. We had to wait 3 weeks for the fix.

You've got to be the first person in my 23 years online I've ever heard complain about timely updates. I think if you want to see the real problem you should take a look in the mirror.
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

I'll add that installing an update is an entirely voluntary process. The customer isn't forced to do anything. If he wants to wait six months before installing an update, he's free to do so.
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Tristan...
I'm a southeastern Michigan native. Say "hi" to all my old friends for me. Heh,heh,heh...
I'm living in Colorado now and loving it... but I always say Michigan is a great place to be from.
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Roger re greetings. To preserve my professional reputation, though, I won't do any follow-up corrections to my text messages.