File Storage Bug?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
KyraPixie

File Storage Bug?

Post by KyraPixie »

Hi, all. :3

I'm using GoldWave 5.08, and there's this weird thing that keeps happening.

From the main program, I'll go to "Options", and "Storage". Then, I select "Sound Folder".

There are two sub-options concerning this to choose from, being "Remember folder used last session", and "Always start with this folder". I always go with "Remember folder used last session", because I'm constantly editing audio for various projects, and this allows me to quickly go back to a folder I'm currently using.

Inevitably, this folder I'm using will be deleted once a project is done. When GoldWave can't find the folder anymore, it then looks at whatever you've selected for "Always start with this folder", and defaults to that. So that's handy, and I have it set to a permanent sub-folder within "My Documents".

For whatever reason, that folder keeps being changed by GoldWave, no matter how many times I fix it. I have no idea why, but it picks my "Fonts" folder. I have never entered any instructions to GoldWave about this folder, and obviously, it's a very odd choice, as one isn't likely to put sound files in the "Fonts" folder.

This is driving me nuts, and I'd appreciate any help. Thanks! ^_^
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: File Storage Bug?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You could try installing a more recent version of GoldWave.

Also check to see if you have any "registry cleaning" programs installed that might be removing the GoldWave folder setting from the system.