Bug: split a file with the French interface

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Piteur

Bug: split a file with the French interface

Post by Piteur »

Hello.

With the French interface (GW 6.41), it's impossible to split a file with the name template "## <nom de repère>" (= "## <cue name>"): I receive the message that the template cannot contain characters such as < or >, etc.

As soon as I switch back to the English version (with restart), splitting is possible, whatever the name template chosen.

There's a bug, obviously. Don't you think so?

Thank you.
Piteur

Re: Bug: split a file with the French interface

Post by Piteur »

Back to the interface in English: it really works much better! :mrgreen:
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

coucou !

je suis français aussi !
les accents ne m'ont jamais posés de problème dans Goldwave. Et je fais du split track chaque semaine !
je pense que le souci vient des symboles supérieur/inférieurs qui sont interdits dans les noms de fichiers.

bonne continuation !
Piteur

Post by Piteur »

Michael REMY wrote:les accents ne m'ont jamais posés de problème dans Goldwave. Et je fais du split track chaque semaine !
je pense que le souci vient des symboles supérieur/inférieurs qui sont interdits dans les noms de fichiers.
Hello.

Thank you for that reaction. But I don't really understand it.

Indeed, the < and > are the default ones (I don't write anything at all).

How do you make it? Do you write: '## nom du repère' instead of '## <nom du repère>' ?

No problem with english:

Thank you again.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The text between < and > needs to be be in English for the program to recognize the tokens (so you must enter <Cue Name>" regardless of the active language. Apparently these tokens were included in the translation module in error. That will be fixed in the next update.
Piteur

Post by Piteur »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:The text between < and > needs to be be in English for the program to recognize the tokens (so you must enter <Cue Name>" regardless of the active language. Apparently these tokens were included in the translation module in error. That will be fixed in the next update.
How did I not think of that? It's obvious! :oops:

Thank you very much!

But it's true that, as a long-time Goldwave user in English, I'm perfectly used to it! :wink: