Feature request: Spectrum Frequency Analysis

GoldWave general discussions and community help
FBX

Feature request: Spectrum Frequency Analysis

Post by FBX » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 pm

A friend of mind uses Audacity and it has a very useful feature for looking at a spectrum frequency plot of a music track (i.e. a line graph showing all frequencies used). Here's an example pic:

Would love to see this added to Goldwave!

Thanks for your time on this.

-FBX

Les60

Re: Feature request: Spectrum Frequency Analysis

Post by Les60 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:49 am

Its already there..... Go to - OPTIONS/CONTROL PROPERTIES/ then the VISUAL tab...set both left and right channels to "Spectrum" ...I also set set Level Visual to "VU Meter" .

GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:43 am

Also check out the Noise Reduction and Spectrum Filter effects. They display a frequency spectrum as well. You can adjust the time slider below the graph to view the spectrum at different times.

FBX

Post by FBX » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:17 am

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Also check out the Noise Reduction and Spectrum Filter effects. They display a frequency spectrum as well. You can adjust the time slider below the graph to view the spectrum at different times.
I knew about that method, but it only shows one time slice. I believe the Audacity one shows the entire track combined into one graph, and that was what I was after.

Edit: I see the "Spectrum" does in fact show peaks for the entire spectrum after playing the track, so I'm good. Thanks!

dcc

Post by dcc » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:38 pm

Related question --

Is there a way to export the time-averaged spectrum (frequency, magnitude, phase, or frequency Real/Imag) to a text file?

Similarly, is there any way to import a spectrum and use it in the Spectrum Filter?

I haven't found a way to do either, perhaps future features? :D

- dcc

GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 am

Unfortunately there is no way to import/export the spectrum data. May consider it in the future, but it would rarely be needed by most GoldWave users.