Using Goldwave with Stereotool vst plugin

GoldWave general discussions and community help
packzap

Using Goldwave with Stereotool vst plugin

Post by packzap »

I am trying to use Goldwave (version 6.41) with the StereoTool vst plugin (version 9.34). We tried both the 64 bit and 32 bit version of the StereoTool plugin with GoldWave. The 64 bit version is not recognized in Options, Plugin, Effect, GWVST32... The 32 bit version is found as Thimeo Stereo Tool and shows up in Goldwave in the Effect menu under Plugin, GWVST32, Thimeo Stereo Tool.

However, after bringing up an audio file in Goldwave, selecting some audio and invoking the StereoTool plugin, Goldwave pauses for a few seconds with a small blue circle spinning around where the mouse pointer was, and then after about a minute shows a large blank window with the words "Thimeo Stereo Tool" at the top left, and at the bottom right a Presets selector drop down with plus, minus, play and stop icons to the right, along with OK, Cancel and Help buttons. No matter what we click nothing happens to the audio. The computer just freezes up basically.

How do we use a vst plugin like StereoTool with Goldwave in Windows 10?
Tristan

Re: Using Goldwave with Stereotool vst plugin

Post by Tristan »

PM me if you'd like. I use VST plugs regularly, but not with Goldwave. I'd be happy to explain why privately.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
packzap

Post by packzap »

Hi Tristan, PM is turned off in this forum. I am reachable at pdxradio.com thru the contact link at page bottom. Thanks! :D
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

I logged onto your website and sent a message.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?