Multichannel Mixer Bug?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
mewtwo-EX

Multichannel Mixer Bug?

Post by mewtwo-EX »

Tl;dr, the multichannel mixer seems to be using its own outputs as the inputs for future channels. Is this a bug or a feature?

Example: I want the Back-Left channel to play the audio currently in the Left channel's track, while the Left channel plays a different track, say a mix of Center and LFE. As currently implemented, this seems impossible; the BL channel plays whatever the Left channel is set to play, in this example, the C+LFE mix. In the extreme of a Left channel with everything set to zero, the BL channel also plays nothing, even when its L slider is all the way up.

What I'm trying to do: Music files from a rhythm game contain 4-channel music and 4-channel vocals in what seems to be
L: Back left music
R: Back left vocals
C: Back right music
LFE: Back right vocals
BL: Front left music
BR: Front left vocals
SL: Front right vocals
SR: Front right music
I'd like to down-mix the vocals and music together and place them in the proper channels. The multichannel mixer would do this if implemented to use the actual source tracks instead of the output of the effect. Attached is my attempted settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g237t1gi9nnnm ... -24-02.png
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Multichannel Mixer Bug?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

That is a bug (the mixed value was being used instead of the original value) and it will be fixed in the next update.
mewtwo-EX

Re: Multichannel Mixer Bug?

Post by mewtwo-EX »

Excellent! Will be looking forward to it. Thanks!