Tutorials ?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Ray

Tutorials ?

Post by Ray »

On the Links to Tutorials and Faq's I went to the 'Turn vinyl LP's to CDs and was taken to a CNET page which doesn't appear to have much to do with LPs or CDs, is there an actual link for this??

Ray
DougDbug

Re: Tutorials ?

Post by DougDbug »

I'm not sure what link you're referring to, but do you have a specific question, or do you need help getting started?

There is a 3rd-party web page called Transferring LPs to CDR with a ship-load of information (probably too much information).

What equipment do you have?
Do you have a line-level signal (such as "tape-out" or "record-out" from a receiver) with a connected turntable?
Do you have a desktop/tower computer with a regular soundcard and blue line-inputs? The mic input on a laptop is "wrong".

FIY - GoldWave can't burn CDs, but it can record (digitize) and make WAV files that you can use with your CD burning software.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

It seems that the page is gone. Appendix D in the GoldWave Manual has a step-by-step tutorual for LP recording. Use Help | Manual to view it.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Thanks for the responses, I don't have any problems with converting vinyl to cd (except for my missing sound problems) but I saw the link to information and took a look, where I ended up with the CNET link and thought it might just be a corrupted link.

Ray