Batch processing to split files - wish list

GoldWave general discussions and community help
holtram

Batch processing to split files - wish list

Post by holtram »

I'm probably the ONLY one but I would dearly love to be able to split a large file into smaller units in batch.

I will often have several 30 minute or so files named say Chapter 01.mp3, Chapter 02.mp3 etc and I open each in the window, run an auto-cue based on mark silence parameters, then do a split file where I want the smaller files named with the base file name plus the sequential number (so I wind up with Chapter 01 01.mp3, Chapter 01 02.mp3 and so on).

If I could batch the mark silence auto-cue and split file processes I would be in 8th Heaven!! Is it possible I wonder? Is anybody else interested?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Batch processing to split files - wish list

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Automatic batch splitting is not possible within GoldWave. There are no plans to add that ability, but that could change if there is strong interest.

Chris
holtram

Post by holtram »

Thanks for your quick response Chris - you seem to monitor these member forums really well. I didn't think there was currently a way to do the automated splitting, but I'm encouraged by the addition of batch editing capabilities.

I'll keep watching and in the meantime you have a terrific product, I don't know what I'd do without it!
lrinview

Re: Batch processing to split files - wish list

Post by lrinview »

Let me first say that GoldWave is an excellent piece of software. I just recently started to research how to digitally record my massive LP collection. I evalulated many apps and for the price Goldwave is going to be my choice.

I would also like to be able to spilt files via the batch processing. In fact, I thought that I would be able too. :cry: Please o Please consider adding it.