UI size

GoldWave general discussions and community help
djjack

UI size

Post by djjack »

Is it possible or possible in the future to enlarge the user interface for large LCD resolutions? I have 4K and GW has very tiny controls. Now there are 2 options for the size of the icons, but even that is not big. The best would be faders, one for icon size and one for window size. Or enter numeric values.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: UI size

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Have you increased your display scale setting in Windows? If so, GoldWave's UI should scale as well. If it doesn't, you may need to change the Compatibility properties for GoldWave. Right-click on the program icon, choose "Properties", then choose the Compatibility tab, then change the DPI settings.
djjack

Post by djjack »

Yes, when I do it in Windows GW will "enlarge". However, they do not appear in 4K overall. Unless I'm wrong. The 4K wave view is very nice.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Perhaps you can provide a screenshot.
djjack

Post by djjack »

I think to go enlarge all windows settings, effects and icons, independent of windows. So the GW area would still be in 4K, only the control would be enlarged. Unless I'm wrong.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Unfortunately there is no way to have the waveform at full resolution with larger icons yet. High DPI will be supported at some point in the future, when Embarcadero Technology gets it working correctly in their development tools.