Any LibriVox artists or 'listeners' here?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Leprechaun

Any LibriVox artists or 'listeners' here?

Post by Leprechaun »

I recently stumbled into the briar patch (briarpatch) of LIbriVox audiobooks and I love helping out but I'm having difficulty coming up to speed. Those who are familiar with the outfit/site know there is a WEALTH of information … but it isn't well organized, and the terms aren't easily understood or researched. For the most part, it's just a problem of ignorance on my end, aggravated by eons-old difficulties with old dogs and teaching them new tricks.

I'm hoping that folks have graduated from Audacity (the tool pushed on the LV site) and come here, and that wealth can be tapped.
Tristan

Re: Any LibriVox artists or 'listeners' here?

Post by Tristan »

Yeah, Librivox comes up in discussions here all of the time. You can hardly get people to shut up about it. :roll:

Seriously, the only way to get real information is to slog through what's available and make what inferences you can. Start Googling again.

Example:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/newbie- ... st14386090
If that doesn't help, keep digging through the Gearslutz archive.

BTW, it's unlikely that people using open-source Audacity as their go-to DAW would 'graduate' to GoldWave, a payware program. They'd probably stick with Audacity. So I'd suggest focusing your efforts on those people if you want technical info.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?