Can I assign a shortcut to an effect preset?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
klmonline

Can I assign a shortcut to an effect preset?

Post by klmonline »

I often use Volume-Fade In-Default and Volume-Fade Out-Default in my work (I know how to change the default mode to what I want). I have placed the Fade In and Fade Out effects on my quick access toolbar and I know how to right-click them to select a particular preset when using the mouse.

But if I assign a keyboard shortcut to Fade In or Fade Out, it only takes me as far as the selection menu of presets. I have to hit the enter key to select the default preset. Is there any way to assign a keyboard shortcut to a particular preset to avoid the popup effect menu and the enter key requirement to select the default? If I could direct access the preset, it would let me assign the keystroke to a configurable mouse or foot controller switch to speed up my work.

Thank you!
Tristan

Re: Can I assign a shortcut to an effect preset?

Post by Tristan »

I've never noticed the feature you're looking for. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist; it just means I've never seen it.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Unfortunately there isn't a way to assign a shortcut directly to a preset. If there are a set of commands you use often, maybe you can use Batch Processing to process the opened file.
klmonline

Post by klmonline »

They aren't things I apply to the file as a whole. I do many little edits and each one needs an individual effect on just that small selection. My most common is Fade Out and Fade In after making a dialog deletion to smooth out the transition at the cut point. I might do this dozens or even hundreds of times in an edit session. This would be a lovely enhancement to put on the roadmap. I can understand that it might be tricky to allow keyboard shortcuts to any arbitrary preset, but at least to be able to immediately process the default would be good. Power users can change their default settings as needed for repetitive actions.

Thanks.