Cue Points - How to deactivate?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
WaveMaster

Cue Points - How to deactivate?

Post by WaveMaster »

How can I deactivate cue points? I don't use them and they make recording and editing more difficult because they overlay the start marker and often get in the way of recording. Please advise.
Tristan

Re: Cue Points - How to deactivate?

Post by Tristan »

The only thing I could find in an old copy of the GW manual was a 'Delete All' cue points command. I don't know whether that's what you're looking for or not.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
WaveMaster

Post by WaveMaster »

Thanks... I found that, too, but I think it refers to a cue point list and not the cue point marker. It's really annoying because that marker keeps setting less-than-one-second record points when I'm recording forward over blank space. I have to stop and reselect. I wish it could be disabled.

Wish list for futre updates: When zooming in to a selected segment, keep that segment in focus instead of making the user have to scroll to it!
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

WaveMaster wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:18 pm
It's really annoying because that marker keeps setting less-than-one-second record points when I'm recording forward over blank space. I have to stop and reselect.
Hm. I guess this is something I just never noticed.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Perhaps you can provide a screenshot of the problem. Cue points are not added during recording unless you have the "Level activated" feature enabled and the "Time stamp cues" box checked.

If you are zooming in with the mouse wheel, zooming is centered at the mouse pointer. You can move the pointer to the place where you want to zoom first. Also use the Home and End keys to view the start and finish markers. You can use the mouse wheel button to drag the waveform too.
WaveMaster

Post by WaveMaster »

Options > Control Properties > Set finish marker at stop/unchecked seems to work.

Zooming tip seems to work, thanks.