Batch Processing Destination Folder Structure

GoldWave general discussions and community help
JimHanus

Batch Processing Destination Folder Structure

Post by JimHanus »

Version 6.52 when I try to batch process a collection of .wav and .mp3 files which are stored in folders by artist, the folder structure is not saved. All the processed files go into the same destination folder even though I have the box checked to preserve subfolder structure. I have several thousand and they need to go into their own destination folders. Is there a way to have each folder go into a corresponding destination folder? They can't go into their original folders.

Jim
JimHanus

Re: Batch Processing Destination Folder Structure

Post by JimHanus »

I found the reason why it won't preserve the folder structure, but now I need a way to get around the problem. In Batch Processing, there is an icon to select Folders. Within that menu is a check box to preserve the folder structure, which is what I want. BUT, if I just drag the folders over that I want to batch process, it doesn't preserve the folder structure. I need a way to be able to select multiple folders from within the select folder menu so it preserves the folder structure. I've tried CTL>click, and ALT>click and every other way I can think of to select multiples but none of them work. As a last resort I could move the folders I want to process into a master folder and then selecting that master, but that leaves the potential to mess up my original files/folders. Any suggestions?

Jim
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Unfortunately there is no way to Batch Process an entire folder structure using drag-and-drop. Adding them manually is the only option right now. We'll look into other options in a future update.
JimHanus

Post by JimHanus »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:42 pm
Unfortunately there is no way to Batch Process an entire folder structure using drag-and-drop. Adding them manually is the only option right now. We'll look into other options in a future update.
OK, thanks.

Jim