Tag info getting removed..

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Jeffie

Tag info getting removed..

Post by Jeffie »

I use Dr. Tag to edit all of my MP3 and wma files.

Whenever I use Goldwave to convert a file to another format,
or just run match over a set of files, I randomly find tag data
removed. Sometimes its album title, sometimes artist, etc.

I've been using 5.08 and just upgraded to 5.10 se we'll see if that makes
any difference.
Jeffie

Post by Jeffie »

well, I just did my first pass with 5.10, and it did the same thing.

Three diferent albums, each had Aritst Information removed frm the tag.

I checked the source files , and they have all the tag data.

can I get some sort of response now?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Open the file in GoldWave and use File | Information to what is there. GoldWave reads the artist from the "TPE1" ID3 frame. If it is stored in a different frame GoldWave will not be able to read it.

Try entering the artist in GoldWave and save the file. See if that works in Windows Media Player and other MP3 software.

Chris
midmaestro

Re: Tag info getting removed..

Post by midmaestro »

Hi, GoldWave is my companion since my teenager years. Recently with license obtained and feel 'comfortable' now as of the fact that I've grown up and already earned some to feedback to you.

However I felt the issue exposed in previous threads is somewhat surprising as it remains after so many years. Initialized to re-convert my CD and online music collections, only to find out once AIFF files edited by GoldWave, their tag info were removed right away. Other than that, I'm fine with your outstanding software.

Love from 886.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Tag info getting removed..

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The original AIFF standard has very limited metadata support and many programs use their own method to add additional metadata (such as appending an ID3 tag, which is inappropriate for AIFF files). When information is added correctly, GoldWave retains it. If you open the AIFF file, add the information and save it, then when you reopen the file, you'll see the information is still there and it should appear correctly in all other programs that follow the AIFF standard.