Please Help Me Get Back Up And Running

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Michael

Please Help Me Get Back Up And Running

Post by Michael »

Hi,
I'm fairly new to GoldWave, having used the demo version a few times and been very satisfied. Some of my system settings were inadvertently changed and now I can't get a sound to record. I'm using a Stanton turntable with a digital out into an Edirol USB converter which goes directly into the port in the front of the computer. None of the settings I've tried is giving me sound, yet just the other day I recorded half an album with no problem. Which input source should I be using? I'd appreciate any help; I'm about to lose my cool, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry (cheap Incredible Hulk reference). Thanks to everyone.
Michael
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Please Help Me Get Back Up And Running

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Have you been through the troubleshooter? That covers most of the possibilities. Make sure you have the USB device selected in GoldWave. It may be using the built-in sound hardware by default.

Chris
ComfortablyNumb

Microphone

Post by ComfortablyNumb »

First, I am assuming you are using a microphone to record. If you're not, then I don't know.

Now, there are several settings you need to adjust for recording with a mic to work. You should have a "Volume" option in the taskbar to the right (next to the clock) and you should open that up and slide the Microphone tab all the way up. Then, in Goldwave you need to adjust the Volume tab in the Properties window, and make sure "Microphone" is 1) selected (the check box) and 2) the volume is around 75. Then if that doesnt work, you need to check your sound drivers are correctly set up.

Hope I helped.