Instances of Goldwave remain active in task manager

GoldWave general discussions and community help
holtram

Instances of Goldwave remain active in task manager

Post by holtram »

I may not be shutting Goldwave down correctly - many times when I have closed Goldwave I notice the application is still running in task manager. Not under the "Applications" tab, but under the "Processes" tab I might have one or more instances of goldwave.exe. Usually it is when I have had more than one instance active.

I may be looking too fast but they don't seem to go away. Is there a proper way to close out of Goldwave to prevent this?

No biggie - I just end the process. But I'd like to do a clean close-down if I'm not.

Thanks!
piano nick

Post by piano nick »

Holtram:

Your post started me wondering, so I just checked my setup. As soon as I exit Goldwave, it disappears immediately from both Applications and Processes.

PN
holtram

Post by holtram »

Thanks for checking Piano, and usually mine works ok also. Sometimes I'll have 2 or 3 instances going, doing different fairly intensive work, etc. and that is usually when I see the situation occurring.

Oh and might be helpful, I'm running Windows XP Professional on a 2.60 ghz machine, lots of hard drive space. It is probably just an overall system gets bogged down and doesn't clean itself up with too much going on...
piano nick

Post by piano nick »

Holtram:

I am using XP Home, with not nearly the horsepower you have - a Celeron 800 with 512 memory.

I've never loaded up GW more than once - just tried opening it twice and loaded up a 35,000 KB wave file in each, then opened Task Manager/Processes.

As soon as I exited GW, Task Manager dropped it - in both instances.

I suspect that there is something in your system, but don't have a clue what it might be.

Incidentally, one of my (personal) measures of good software, is the ability to load multiple instances of a program, and be able to move files back and forth. I use a drafting program that has this feature - very nice.

Of course in GW, one can load up multiple wave files and compare them easily. One of its many nice features I think.

PN