Questions Before I Buy...

GoldWave general discussions and community help
balaboy1

Questions Before I Buy...

Post by balaboy1 »

I want to do voiceover/commercial/imaging work at home on my VAIO (P-4 Processor, 2.66 Gig, 512 mb DDR, 120 Gig HD, DVD-RW, Windows XP-Home Edition) I have the Sony Model PCV-RX881 Digital Studio. I want to be able to record sound, edit it, add music, sweeten with effects and sound effects, either burn to a CD or send as an MP3 attachment to e-mail. Here are the questions:

1) Which version GoldWave do I want to buy?

2) Are any of you who already have GoldWave voiceover guys or commercial or imaging producers for Broadcasting? If so..I'd like your thoughts on the ease of use for these systems.

3) Finally...is GoldWave better, worse or about the same as competitive systems. I've been toying with getting the MBox system, instead.

Thanks!

balaboy1 in Philadelphia
music_jb

Post by music_jb »

Hi balaboy1!

So the versions of goldwave are nearly down compatible, you should buy the newest version (5.06) and upgrade to 5.07.
I have tried also several other software and i think each solution has its advantages.
With goldwave i got in a short time a good effort to the jobs i would do.
So for most of my works (recording, mixing, effects, vinyl and tape restauration, encoding, ...) i found a really good and quick solution.
One is true: Each software needs experience and you will get it by working with the software.

So I think Goldwave is an excellent and intuitive tool for musicians.
Free music for free people !
balaboy1

Thanks, Music...

Post by balaboy1 »

Hey!

I appreciate the feedback. Yeah...I've been working over the last few days with the Goldwave software (simple system) at a studio owned by a friend. He invited me to sit down and try it to get a feel for it. It is actually very user-friendly.

That squares with your comments...for which I thank you. Looks like a buy.

Balaboy1 in Philadelphia
"The best sound of all is the sound of money being paid to you for your work"
BillK

Post by BillK »

Hi Balaboy1 and welcome to GoldWave!
I have been using GoldWave since "sometime in 1996". Each version has been an improvement over previous ones. I just upgraded to 5.07 and it's the best yet. The best thing about GW is the awesome support that Chris gives us. It is absolutely un-beatable. After purchasing, get Chris' GoldWave manual too. You have to get the graphics in a separate e-mail from him - but to manual helps in learning some of the rarely-used features of the product. Most of the things are pretty intuitive however. Good luck and welcome to GoldWave!
BillK
Owork

Worth It?

Post by Owork »

I have used GoldWave for a bunch projects, web dev, multimedia and entertainment. Been using GoldWave and Multiquence since late 2000 with never a bad experience. My only problem is that I work so much I don't have time to play but every time I launch GoldWave I am impressed. IMHO you can't go wrong. And NO I don't have a dog in the fight. I am just a happy customer. The service from CC has always been fast and accurate. E-mail always gets answered. Don't tell anyone about this, wouldn't want the service to go down! KIDDING! Tell anyone that needs a great audio manipulation program, GoldWave is worth every cent.

Really.. Its worth it.

Drew
DrewWeb Design and Development
Do what I do because I do.
bobmccoy

Post by bobmccoy »

I've been using Goldwave for voiceover work. It's great for getting the voice down, doing some editing, and some rudimentary effects. I then post the resulting audio on my web site where the studio engineer can grab it and munge it with the other content. If you want to more than just the above, such as mixing multiple tracks, you really should consider Multisequence.