selection & fade graph

VideoMeld discussions and community help
2leftfeet

selection & fade graph

Post by 2leftfeet »

VideoMeld running in Win 7. The <right click & drag> to select part of a file not working. The selection highlights but disappears as soon as I remove my finger from the mouse.
The fade graph was the most useful tool in Multiquence for what I do - so I will have to keep using that for now
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: selection & fade graph

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

When you release the button, selections touching the drag rectangle should be selected (have a blue border). You can't select part of a section. You'd have to split a section to work with part of it.

The fade graph will be added in a future update.

Chris
mebejoe

Post by mebejoe »

2LeftFeet: Using the fade graph on video is THE reason I stay with Multiquence and the main reason I keep an old computer around with windows XP. Best feature ever, in my opinion. I haven't found it on any other program.

But after just a few minutes playing around with VideoMeld today, I found an acceptable work around that seems to work on audio and video. This is for video:

1. Select the clip you want to apply fade to;

2. Click on the "star" to edit effects; this opens the video effects window;

3. Click the "+" near the top. This opens the window to add effects;

4. Click on "fades". This gives you a drop down list.

5. Select "fade" from the drop down list. The fades window closes and the focus changes back to the video effects window. Under "settings" on the left, you will see "Effect range", with an arrow next to it and a list under the words. If you don't have at least "start", "finish" and "progress" listed under "effect range", click the arrow. On the right side of "progress", you will see a button marked "Var". Click on the "Var" button.

6. After you click on the "Var" button, the graph that runs across most of the bottom half of the Effects window will activate and work very much like the fade graph in the old version. In other words, click on the graph and it will install points that you can drag around to set the fade at whatever level you like.

I hope that helps you out. It's a few more steps, but still easy to use and works for my purposes.

I for one am very glad Goldwave finally came out with a replacement for Multiquence that works with Windows 7 and 8 for video editing.

But I am puzzled as to why they didn't respond with something similar to the above for a work around until they put in the fade graph feature.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I was under the impression you wanted the same functionality as Multiquence (fade graph on the section). It didn't occur to me that you had not yet found the Fade video effect and the variable option.

Chris
2leftfeet

Post by 2leftfeet »

Thanks for the feedback - I will stay with Multiquence for what I do. I Only use it for audio anyway, for stitching music clips together & for playing audio for an entertainment group. Multiquence works with my two oldish laptops and two PC's so I'm happy!
jockel_99

Post by jockel_99 »

Hi everybody!

I loved the fade graph especially when doing things like slideshows, In that case, using the 'Add Effect' for each (of hundreds) picture is much more complicated. So I'm looking forward to the next version, too.

Georg

P.S.: VideoMeld looks again like a great tool to me. Thanks Chris!
mebejoe

Post by mebejoe »

Does anyone know if this feature is included in the latest update?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Fade graphs are in the latest version.

Chris