Video effects are unusable and initial volume is wrong

VideoMeld discussions and community help
Wizard

Video effects are unusable and initial volume is wrong

Post by Wizard »

Hi!
I pretty much can't use v1.20 and v1.21
1) I want to use Rotate/Scale effect in a video. Scale cannot go below zero! I click in the left arrow of Scale and it goes to 100! I add another effect and after I make some clicks, the previous effects lose all their values! And all the arrow buttons don't work. If I use for example the Position effect, the arrows for X and Y set the values only to -1.5 and 1.5 respectively, they do not move between these values at all!
2) The initial volume set for a track is 50%, which is wrong .The actual value is 100% because it sounds like 100%. If I move the slider to 52% and back to 50%, then it sounds like 50%.
I had to revert to v1.1.4 which works fine.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Video effects are unusable and initial volume is wrong

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The arrows seems to be working correctly on my system. They change the scale by 0.01 each time. Can you type the values in?

Usually the initial volume for a track is 100%, which seems to be working correctly on my computer.

Can you provide more details? Do the problems happen all the time or only only after saving and opening the project later?

Are you trying to work with a project saved in v1.14 in v1.21? If so, that may explain the problem. Many changes were made to the way settings work. Do the problems occur in a completely new project in v1.21?

Chris
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

I'm using Windows 7 SP1 64bit. I uninstalled v1.21 and then re-installed it.
After I run it, I get an empty project with track volume set to 50%.
I add a video file. I go to Effects and I see Aspect Ratio Conversion enabled and the Ratio set to 1. I click the left or right arrow of the slider and it goes to 4! I type a value and after I click somewhere, it goes back to 4!
I add Rotate/Scale and again the same thing. I type in Scale 0.3, but afte I hit Enter, it goes to 3.
The volume says 50%, but it sounds 100%. After I make the first change in volume, the sound behaves normally.
I save the project (without changing volume) and open it again. Volume behaves correctly, it even says 100%, but the effects still don't work.
I will try to record a video to show you. If I succeed, how can I send it to you?
Oh, tomorrow I'll install in another laptop to check it out.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

I installed v1.21 in another laptop with Window 7 32-bit and all my problems are there too (initial volume slider set to 50% and video effects settings are unusuable). I'll try to record a video to show you.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

I have made a recording of the problems. It's an MP4 file with size 1.6 MB. How can I send it to you?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I've found the 50% track volume problem. Still can't duplicate the problem with the effect settings yet, but I'll continue to test it.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Same video effects problems with v1.23. Do you have an e-mail, so I can send you a video recording I made?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Please drop me a note through the contact form. I can provide an upload link.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

sunke12 wrote:They change the scale by 0.01 each time.
The problem was the decimal separator of my regional settings which was a comma. v1.24 fixed it.