Merging Left and Right Sides of Two Videos

VideoMeld discussions and community help
nerd00

Merging Left and Right Sides of Two Videos

Post by nerd00 »

Hi, I'm an inexperienced user to VideoMeld, so there might be an obvious answer to this question!

I am trying to make a video that shows me having a conversation with another me on the same screen 8) but I can't figure out how to do it on VideoMeld. I took two separate videos (with the camera in the same location, so the background would remain the same) - so the first video I took shows me on the left, and the second one shows me on the right. What my theoretical technique is to take the left side of the fist video and the right side of the second video and stick them side by side (with each video on a separate track) . I tried to do that with the Crop/Pan/Zoom effect; but it doesn't crop the right side off, it just stretches it.

Is there any way to stick the left side of one video to the right side of another video like that in VideoMeld?
Thank you in advance,
Caleb
nerd00

Re: Merging Left and Right Sides of Two Videos

Post by nerd00 »

I figured it out. I used the Cut effect in the Editing category... it worked!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Merging Left and Right Sides of Two Videos

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You'd need to use the Bounds effect to set the position of the video on the right half, then use the Crop/Pan/Zoom effect to select the right half of the video to display.

Or you could probably just use a Wipe transition set to a constant 50% for the entire duration of the video. That would smooth any seam in the middle.