Access Violation Error

VideoMeld discussions and community help
aslaksonal

Access Violation Error

Post by aslaksonal »

I get the message "Access violation at address 00ACE814 in modeule 'VideoMeld.exe'. Read of address 000003B8." when trying to meld a project into an MP4 video file. The same project works just fine as a WMV file.

VideoMeld version 1.24.

The video portion of the project is a scrolling text file created within VideoMeld. There is no other video.
The audio is an mp3 file created in GoldWave.

Video resolution is 1920x1080. Audio is whatever the default is.

I've done a reboot of Windows 8.1, but have not yet reinstalled VideoMeld. The version was just updated today from 1.21.

If I reload the WMV file just created and try to export it as an MP4 file, I get the same error message.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

al
aslaksonal

Re: Access Violation Error

Post by aslaksonal »

To update: After a couple of other video editing programs I use also started misbehaving, I did a general cleanup. There were a couple of corrupted DLLs (names starting with AMD...) that were replaced, I uninstalled all of the video editing software, cleaned the registry, and deleted several thousand temporary files in the Windows/WinSxS folder. Somewhere in all that, something worked - when I then reinstalled VideoMeld, the problem had vanished.

So I made a fresh disk image and now have a good working installation to restore if necessary.

al