New to VideoMeld - Need Help with the Learning Curve

VideoMeld discussions and community help
SarahAnne

New to VideoMeld - Need Help with the Learning Curve

Post by SarahAnne »

Hello,

As stated in my subject line, I'm new to VideoMeld and struggling a bit to pick it up.

For my first project, I'm making a music video. I have the audio track for the song I want, and I'm working on collecting the various bits of video to apply to it. So far so good, but one of my video clips has some bits that need tweaking.

In this particular clip a person is having a nightmare, and the original video is flashing from the image of the sleeping person, to the nightmare, and back.

I want to swap out the nightmare frames with something more pleasant.

I found a still image of what I would like my gentleman to be dreaming about.

ISSUE: I've tried several different ways of overlapping that image while maintaining the audio/video continuity of the original video. I've tried cutting and replacing the frames. I tried overlapping, with the image frames the length of the nightmare. I tried cutting down the overlapped image to just the size of single frames I want to replace. Nothing really seems to be working like I hoped. My result seems to be a mix of the screen going completely black, or images of the original nightmare seeping through (even the time I physically removed all visible traces of the nightmare frames).

I'm looking for help and suggestions on how to best proceed. If possible I'd like to collaborate with someone who knows the program well and has the free time to walk me through this.

Also... I have no clue what any of the little buttons and sliders do. I would love it if there were more extensive tutorials for beginners, or even for the program itself to have little tool tip pop-up windows.

Thanks in advance!
~SarahAnne
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: New to VideoMeld - Need Help with the Learning Curve

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

One thing that may work (and is easy to do) is to set the image section's display time so that it overlaps the length of the video, then use the Fade Graph feature to fade the image in and out during the nightmare scenes. You'd add fade points (click in the image section) setting them low during the normal scenes and high during the nightmare scenes. The image section would need to be in the track below the video.