Text files

VideoMeld discussions and community help
2leftfeet

Text files

Post by 2leftfeet »

When editing text files I sometimes get the following error message both on the main PC and on my laptop. "Access violation at address 0000000000447180 in module 'Videomeld.exe". Read of address 0000000000000096.
This happens after editing the text and the only way to get out of it is to left click "OK" in the error message warning box and then immediately left click "save" in the caption window.
The caption box functions are also rather clunky, E.G., highlighting some text so as to change it's font or color. Very often, the highlighted section will spread to the whole text and the only way to avoid this when it happens is to move the mouse pointer right outside the caption window and to approach the header area from outside the caption box at the top of the screen.
Nevertheless, I think that using Videomeld is the best way for running our entertainment shows, I have stored all our audio in one folder together with the Videomeld project .exe which gives me the facility to bring up any of our shows which we have performed.
Thanks
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Text files

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'll look into it. If you can provide a set of steps to cause the problems every time, that would be very helpful.
2leftfeet

Post by 2leftfeet »

Yes, I'll do that, and pass it on to you as soon as I can, sometime next week.
2leftfeet

Post by 2leftfeet »

I have tried to reproduce the effect in the latest version but it has not happened yet. However, there is something strange going on in the text settings box which was in the previous versions as well.
Open the project which contains 30 music sections in one track and 40 short text sections in another track. The music sections are about 3 minutes long and text sections between 5 and 10 seconds long.
Choose a text section and right click to go to “settings”. (I maybe want to change the color of one or two words).
In the settings window, left click to highlight the words. If you highlight the text from right to left, and then drag mouse across the text area to get to the color change box at the top of the window, the highlighted text area alters by itself, usually when the highlighted words are at the beginning of a line. You have to drag the mouse outside the box and around the edge so as to approach the color change area from the top. Highlighting the text from left to right seems to work just fine.

It is after several alterations as above in the various “settings” areas that I sometimes get the “access violation” message. Not every time, just sometimes. (I see that another forum user is getting the same type of message in Goldwave. I have never seen this at my place.
Cheers,
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'll check into the selection problem for the next update, but I still haven't seen the access violation problem yet.