VideoMeld 1.53 - Cannot open audio in file

VideoMeld discussions and community help

Re: VideoMeld 1.53 - Cannot open audio in file

Postby Dutchie » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Unfortunately, that's not the case.

I did check which video-driver was installed, and though it was a rather old driver, updating it did not help and videomeld keeps displaying the message I stated earlier.
The problem with the audio resolves as well (I got that driver updated as well). The video is not a MOV, nor does it have MPEG-2 or AC3 audio.

Via ways outside of this website, I got hold of an evaluation copy of Videomeld V1.55. This version unfortunately has the same flaws.

While going back to V1.56 and having the program on a file that can be opened without the audio-warning, my brother had it open as well. Being more into software than me, he was trying to figure out where things go wrong as well.
When I came back, the program produced some error 'An invalid character has been found in the text-content' (literally translated, I don't know if this is the exact right error-message in english)

(1280x1024. 104 kb)
m-voorloop.nl/videomeld/videomeldproblem.jpg

While changing a few things on my computer, rebooting, restarting Videomeld and getting back to my brother and eventually make it back down 20 minutes later, this was the error: A whole bunch of unexpected runtime-error's.

(1280x1024, 104 kb)
m-voorloop.nl/videomeld/videomeldproblem2.jpg

I'm not willing to give up just yet, but I'm tempted to try something else :oops:
Dutchie

Postby HiSpeed » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi,

I'm testing WideoMeld 1.56.

I have the same problem with Win7Pro64, but no trouble with Win10Pro64 on the same PC.

As Win7 is my main OS, I've know to uninstall VideoMeld.

Bad luck, I thought it could be interesting for my needs...
HiSpeed

Postby Sped2001 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Try extracting the audio with Goldwave, and saving it as a .wav for use in Videomeld. I have to do this occasionally.
Sped2001

Previous

Return to VideoMeld General