Exporting video takes a long time

VideoMeld discussions and community help
Handz

Exporting video takes a long time

Post by Handz »

Hi all, I'm both new to this forum and Videosmeld, loving the program so far!

However I have noticed it takes a long time to export videos. I'm using the built in template for HD 1080p and it takes about 5 minutes to export 30 seconds. In contrast Windows Movie Maker would be less than half that time. I've got an i5 6600k with 16gb of RAM.

Is there anything than can be done to speed this up, or does it generally take a whole to create MP4s with Videomeld?

Thanks in advance
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Exporting video takes a long time

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to speed that up. Video processing and encoding take time and VideoMeld usually has to process more layers than Movie Maker. Work is ongoing to speed thing up where possible.
Handz

Re: Exporting video takes a long time

Post by Handz »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to speed that up. Video processing and encoding take time and VideoMeld usually has to process more layers than Movie Maker. Work is ongoing to speed thing up where possible.
Ok, thought that might be the case. Even with single layer videos it takes a long time to export the videos. Other than that it's a really nice bit of kit. Though I find the transitions a little fiddly, would be good if it automatically did them for clips on the same track and at the same time cross-faded the audio track like how Movie Maker does it. Though I'm aware that Movie Maker is very much "my first video editor" and this is a much more sophisticated bit of software!