Video noise reduction

VideoMeld discussions and community help
gsalazar48

Video noise reduction

Post by gsalazar48 »

I'm a longtime registered user of Goldwave and have just downloaded the trial version of VideoMeld. Seems to be an excellent program that I will purchase.

Tried an initial test of the noise reduction feature for an mp4 video. Was able to put the video on the timeline and drag the Noise Reduction icon into the audio half of the file. It said (read) Noise Reduction under the meter. Saved it as "a test.VideoMeld".

Was able to open the test file but do not hear any sound at all now during replay and see that the audio meter looks the same as before. What is the next step or several steps? Any input much appreciated.

The noise I am trying to eliminate is a hum which is no problem in Goldwave for plain audio files. I am well aware to prevent the hum in the first place during the recording. This is a YouTube video done by someone else.

thanks,

Guillermo S.
Sped2001

Re: Video noise reduction

Post by Sped2001 »

I just tried the noise reduction effect on an audio track. Had no problem. Be sure the audio settings are correct when you meld it to a video file.

Goldwave is a better audio editor. It might make sense to get the audio right with goldwave, save it as a .wav, and use that audio in vidiomeld.
gsalazar48

Post by gsalazar48 »

Thanks for the response. So VideoMeld is strictly for melding sound to video, I gather. What I was trying to do is take a video from YouTube and edit out the sound distortion.

So then, one would have to save the audio, use GoldWave to get rid of the distortion, remove the bad audio from the original video, and meld the the new good audio to the video?

Probably VideoMeld is more for Filmmakers rather than this type of process.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

In VideoMeld, use Options | Playback Settings to make sure the correct playback device is selected.

After adding the Noise Reduction effect, click the effect settings icon (star) in the audio section to adjust the settings and preview it. Note that only simple noise reduction is supported. You'd have to use GoldWave for more complex noise reduction and replace the audio track in VideoMeld.

Use File | Meld Project To Video File to save the changes to a video file.
gsalazar48

Post by gsalazar48 »

Thanks, I'll give it a try!