Bug when opening project with relocated files?

VideoMeld discussions and community help
pgielen

Bug when opening project with relocated files?

Post by pgielen »

I think I found a bug. When opening a project that has some files relocated to a new folder, I can look for these files in a different location. But if I switch to Windows Explorer to find the file in question, VideoMeld hangs. When I return to VideoMeld, it has become unresponsive.
2leftfeet

Re: Bug when opening project with relocated files?

Post by 2leftfeet »

If you look for these files with Videomeld, it will remember where the relocated files are which is good when you save the project! So there is really no need to use Windows explorer. Slightly off topic, I need to store projects on a laptop so what I do is to keep the Videomeld exe and all the files in one folder. I can then copy the entire folder to the laptop and then click on the exe icon and Videomeld will ask where the files are. Once you have done this and save the project again, you will have the whole thing on the laptop. Sometimes I do have trouble when files get lost and the program hangs, but that is my fault for losing stuff! :cry:
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Bug when opening project with relocated files?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Sometimes a foreground window ends up behind the main window in VideoMeld. That is caused by a flaw in the development tools (FireMonkey by Embarcadero). If any popup/dialog windows are shown in VideoMeld, it is best to avoid switching to another program. Be sure to close the window so that control is back in the main window before switching to another program.

I am waiting for an update from Embarcadero to fix that problem.