Is the full version as sluggish as the demo?

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
Ayom

Is the full version as sluggish as the demo?

Post by Ayom »

First if all, I just came across MQ (v. 2.54) and I think this would be a great addition to my video editing arsenal.
I'm currently trying the demo version and is extremely slow performing any task beginning with the file opening (though this is understandable for it is being asked to process high quality mpg video with audio), but playback takes forever, the cursor disappears behind the interface, and trying to shuttle through is not only impossible but the app becomes non-responding and needs to be forced to quit.
I should note that I use a number of single (WMovie Maker) as well as two-track (ULead VideStudio) video editors and they handle my file with ease.
Questions:
1. Is it a matter of demo vs. full?
2. Is it because it is a truly multitrack?
3. Has it been tested with high q mpgs (for DVD purpose)?
4. Does the PC need to be configured in any special way just for MQ?
5. It seems like it is working for many people, but can they share how they accomplish it? (My PC exceeds the basic listed requirements and handles any audio and video formats now available)
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Is the full version as sluggish as the demo?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The full version will function the same as the evaluation version, so if things are slow, then that won't change in the full version. Try changing the settings under the Options | Playback command. Setting the frame rate to match the file's frame rate can make a difference. Or using a lower frame rate might help too. If possible, see if the slowdown occurs with other video file types, such as AVI or WMV.

Chris
Ayom

Post by Ayom »

I think I figured out the main problem after reading other threads.
I'm using mpg with AC3 and apparently there is no support from MQ.
These are the specs for my files:
Video:
224 MPEG-2, 720x480, 4:3, 29,97fps, 6.50 Mbps, Upper field first.
Audio:
128 AC3 2/0. 48kHz, 192 kbps

If you guys can make MQ handle this files it would super. It would be a great companion to the one channel video editors.

I did try using avi files with regular audio and it showed improvement in playback. Unfortunately, I don't like working with avi or lower quality files for my final output should be for dvd.
I'll be checking from time to time to see if a workaround is found. MQ is definitely a great application...I'm going to try to figure out how I can use it as it is now.
Thanks for the response.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You could try searching on Google for other DirectX AC3 decoders. There may be one that gives better performance in Multiquence. Another alternative would be to save the AC3 audio section to a Wave file, then replace the AC3 section in the project.

MPEG2 decoding may still be a problem, but there are other software DirectX MPEG2 decoders out there.

Chris