enhancing marker and other stuff

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
mikesimaska

enhancing marker and other stuff

Post by mikesimaska »

Registred use of GW and MQ.
I primarily use MQ to do audio editing/mixing.

Be really great if

a)MQ supported multiple markers. In combination with GW ,MQ is a really nice tool but too often I find myself having to play games with the marker to align different sections/tracks. The primary marker could be selected with a button on the playback control that cycles through all markers. Could also then navigate to different areas with jump to next/jump to prev while retaining zoom level

b)if a marker could be bound (pinned?) to a section (ie when you move a section the marker moves with it). (You could then have a command "Align Markers).

c)allow tracks to vertically sized/zoomed. sometimes i need to see that waveform to get an edit just right. easy to see in GW but in MQ I cant always see it!! this doesnt need to be track by track -- a global setting would do.

d)drag and drop tracks and/or sections between instances of MQ.

e)in addtion to the ruler could there an optional "click track" with the tick-marks based based on a configurable BPM/tempo. the click track needs to be able to slide left/right so it can be aligned the audio. additionally could we have the option for sections/markers to "snap to" the timeline or the click track".

f)bind the mouse roller to zoom in/out
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: enhancing marker and other stuff

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

a) & b) A simple form of cue points, like in GoldWave, is planned for a future version of Multiquence.

c) The View | Size | Large command expands tracks vertically. A "full size" option is planned to make a track as large as the window.

d) Good idea, but might be difficult to do. You can copy sections between projects within the same instance by copying the selection to the clipboard, opening the other project, then pasting it.

e) That sounds like the View | Grid/Snap to grid feature, except that it cannot be shifted left/right yet.

f) That is planned for the next update.

Chris
OKCBoy

Post by OKCBoy »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:f) That is planned for the next update.
Chris, have your development platform problems been resolved? (Just hoping!)
mikesimaska

Post by mikesimaska »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:a) & b) A simple form of cue points, like in GoldWave, is planned for a future version of Multiquence.
Cool! Pinning a marker to a section will be important(IMHO :)
GoldWave Inc. wrote: c) The View | Size | Large command expands tracks vertically. A "full size" option is planned to make a track as large as the window.
Didn't know that!! If visually resizing any track vertically just resized them all that would be perfect. BUT the large size helps me right now. Thanks.
GoldWave Inc. wrote: d) Good idea, but might be difficult to do. You can copy sections between projects within the same instance by copying the selection to the clipboard, opening the other project, then pasting it.
GoldWave Inc. wrote: Good work-around for now. What's the problem between instances? Seems like it's not a lot of data to copy/paste since the actual sound is always an external file.
GoldWave Inc. wrote:e) That sounds like the View | Grid/Snap to grid feature, except that it cannot be shifted left/right yet.
Another feature I hadn't explored. Still think a second ruler below time ruler would be easier to use (especially if it slides and supports bpm directly (instead having to convert to beats per second).

GoldWave Inc. wrote:f) That is planned for the next update.
Nice.

GW and MQ are incredible products, Chris. I think they're so much more intuitive to use than "higher end" commercial products.

----
mike
lancaster,pa
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

OKCBoy wrote: Chris, have your development platform problems been resolved? (Just hoping!)
Not really, but work on MQ v3 has started anyway. A minor update for MQ v2.5 will be released in month or so as well.

Chris