Be patient... :s Never touched to video before!

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
Kummel

Be patient... :s Never touched to video before!

Post by Kummel »

Since I have a digital camera and made tons of pictures, I thought to make slideshows as another option of pagemaking on my blog. The "hiccup" is that most of the time, I do 1×1 formats rather than rectangular views. I plan to use Youtube to put slideshows/videos on my blog with a 1×1 proportion. Is it preferable to save the videos with a 280×280 image or modify the html code to force a 320×240 video to fit a 280×280 displaying?

All my pictures, however, are not sytematically 1×1 proportioned. I tried to do some short slideshows, by dragging jpg files to the track, and noticed that picture all are reshaped to fit the 4×3 screen. Is there an option to avoid this rechape, and get stripes rather than this shape change?

Which of .mov, .avi and .wmv is the best for that purpose?
:D
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Be patient... :s Never touched to video before!

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Multiquence only shows a 4:3 or 16:9 view during previewing, but when you save it as video, you can specify a square 1:1 size.

You can use the Options | Section command and check the Auto box just below the Height setting to maintain the image's aspect ratio, but you may not want to use that if you'll be saving as 1:1 later.

For good quality, use MOV or WMV when saving the video. The standard AVI encoders are not the best, but you could install the DivX AVI encoder.

Chris
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

Thank you. For the aspect ratio, I will then addition the black stripes in Paint Shop Pro.
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

After some tries, it appears that all movies are shown at a 320×240 size on Youtube and no resize is possible.

As alternative, how to create a travelling with all the pictures, like if there was a film rolling slowly horizontally? I cannot create a unique image 25600 pixel wide in Paint Shop Pro.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

One way to do that would be to use the Slide video effect on every image. You'd have to create two copies of every image section (add the image, use Edit | Copy, then Edit | Paste). In the first copy (A1), add the Slide effect. Under Effect | Video effects, select "Slide", then click "Add>>". Choose the Properties button and set Horizontal to "None" and Vertical to "Bottom to top". Choose OK to close all the windows. Select the second copy of the image section (A2), add the Slide effect, set Horizontal to "None", but set Vertical to "Top to bottom", set Start to 1.0 and finish to 0.0. Together the two sections make the image scroll all the way in from the bottom and out of the top.

You'd repeat those steps for every image. The Ctrl+Shift+D key might help to quickly duplicate effect settings for each image (select section A1, use Edit | Copy, select sections B1, C1, D1, etc., then use Ctrl+Shift+D do apply the same video effect settings to all those sections, repeat that for A2 and B2, C2, D2, etc.). Finally you'd align each pair of images. The first pair (A1, A2) would be on track 1, the second pair (B1, B2) would be on track 2, shifted over so that the first image on track 2 is aligned with the second image in track 1, etc., as shown below. As the second copy of the first pair of images scrolls out, the first copy of the next pair of images scrolls in, and so on.

Code: Select all

Track 1: [A1][A2][C1][C2]
Track 2:     [B1][B2]
Chris
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

Thank you. It looks complicate at first sight, but I will try it quietly when I will get some time.
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

Is there a way to make a caption to scroll from left, pause the scroll movement when arrived on the center, and finish to scroll to the right?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If the entire caption fits on the screen, then it may be best to use the Slide video effect. You'd need to make three copies of the caption section, then add the Slide effect to the first and last ones. In the first section you'd set the Slide effect to scroll from left to right. In the last section, you set the scroll from right to left, but set Start to 1.0 and Finish to 0.0.

The first section scrolls in, the second section holds still, and the last section scrolls out.

Chris
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

This file (temporary link): http://perso.orange.fr/fassiezduson/gdw ... 0score.bmp

:| Multiquence seems to be daltonian... Red and yellow looks green in the preview and in the video, and grey looks red. :shock: I haven't any effect applied however... Is my file wrong?

capture1
capture2
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

DirectX seems to have a problem drawing bitmaps that are not saved in RGB format. If you open the file in the Paint accessory and resave it as 24-bit Bitmap and add that file to Multiquence, then that should display correctly.

Chris
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

It DOES display correctly now :D

I hadn't seen that I saved it as a 16 color file firsthand.
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

Just to indicate that when I opened the mp3 found here http://www.auboutdufil.com/index.php?id=266 in Multiquence, Multiquence believed it to be two minutes longer than in reality. I had to open it in Goldwave and resave as wave to use it. It opened normally also in Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, WinAmp and iTunes. In iTunes, the track infos indicated it is encoded with fraunhoffer, it is 242 kbps VBR.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Variable bitrate (VBR) source files should be avoided for Multiquence. Constant bitrate files are recommended.

Chris