Multiquence accessibility

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
tspivey

Multiquence accessibility

Post by tspivey »

Hello. I am trying out the demonstration version of Multiquence, since it seems to be a lightweight multitrack editor.
My problem currently is that there is not much keyboard support.
I can add tracks, edit properties, etc, but I can't, for example, have the track play
3 seperate times in the song. for example:
I have a 5 second voice clip. I want it to play at
00:00:00, 00:00:15 and00:03:00. I understand
this is possible with the mouse, but could keyboard
support be added for moving between tracks, sections, etc?
Thanks,
Tyler
swerve13drums

Post by swerve13drums »

after your audio is loaded onto track 1, add a second blank track (right click/"new track").

then place the marker on one end of your 5 second audio clip, and hit
ctrl-L to split out this piece of audio. Repeat this ctrl-L on the other side of your audio clip.

now you can right click on this trimmed-out audio sample, and select "copy".

right click/"paste here" onto your new track and drag it to whatever time you want it to play.

And you can do this over and over, placing a copy of this (or anything else) anywhere you want across however many tracks.

Don't be so sure that Mulitquence is a "lightweight multitrack editor"
I use it as the principal software in a profitable commercial recording studio.
dollar for dollar, I'm not sure there is a better, more powerful or more intuitive multitrack program money can buy.
tspivey

Re: multiquence accessibility

Post by tspivey »

I understand that can be done, but how can I drag something
across the timeline with the keyboard? I don't think
that is possible.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Multiquence accessibility

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If all you need to do is to have a file play at three different times, then you would: add the file with Track | Add audio section (Insert), copy the section with Edit | Copy (Ctrl+C), paste it twice with Edit | Paste (Ctrl+V) twice, then use Edit | Move to set the start time for each copy of the section.

Chris
heikof

Post by heikof »

Hello,
I am a blind user and have been using goldwave for someyears now. After trying out multiquence I also encountered some accessibility problems which I'll list here. For any help whatsoever I'd be very happy.
The Version of Multiquence is 2.55 downloaded yesterday.
- After some trying arround I found out that Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down moves between Tracks. I've tried the move up and move down commands of the track menu until I noticed my mistake. It would bee very helpful if the were a list of shortcuts like the topic in Goldwave.
- I have found no way to navigate between sections with the keyboard. I had to click on them using the Jaws-Cursor. A Navigationmenu and some Keystrokes would help very much in navigating through the sections.
- It is difficult to know on which time position I am currently on so maybe an entry in the statusbar would be very helpful together with the name of the File for the current Section
- I'd like to have a Keystroke to set the marker while playback like in Goldwave - the same key didn't work for me.
- The Projectlist and XML windows seemed to be alternative places to navigate and manipulate for me e.g. navigating by clicking on the items in the tree or editing the clear XML-File.
Thx in advance
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Regrettably Multiquence is not designed with accessibility in mind. The next major version will be more focused on video, so it will probably end up being more visual in some ways.

Chris