dynamic picture-in-picture

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
mathyou9

dynamic picture-in-picture

Post by mathyou9 »

So, in the Video Options screen, I already know how to shrink a video frame size to give a decent picture-in-picture effect. But said picture-in-picture is static during playback. My question: Is there a way to dynamically make a large [full-screen] video frame (e.g., the "main program") shrink down to a picture-in-picture-size video frame (i.e., basically the exact opposite of zooming in); thus allowing other video frames of the same [picture-in-picture] size to fade in and equally share the screen space?

Thanks
mathyou9

Post by mathyou9 »

I found a make-shift way to get the effect I want. From the get-go, I knew this method was possible, but I would only use it as a last resort (obviously, it was my last resort.)

Anyway, for the portions that I wanted the video to actively shrink (or change size) on the screen, I had to break it down to individual frames and manually adjust the size and location of each frame.

In all, I had about four seconds of video I was playing with. So I'm sure you can imagine the tedium I experienced in manually adjusting over 100 frames of video. I just wish there was an easier way to have done it. But it's done now and it looks decent.

:)
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: dynamic picture-in-picture

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You'll need to split the video section into three parts. The first part will be full screen, set second part will be dynamic picture-in-picture. The final part will be static picture-in-picture.

Select the second part, add the Expand effect. Set the properties of the effect to "Linear expansion", Start to 1.0 and Finish to 0.5. Add the Slide effect. Set the properties to "Right to left", "Top to bottom", Start to 1.0 and Finish to 0.75. That will dynamically move the video from full screen to a picture-in-picture in the upper right corner.

For the final (static) part you just need to adjust the section properties to change X, Y, Width, and Height to put it where it should be.

I'll admit I had to think about it for a while.

Chris
mathyou9

Post by mathyou9 »

Ahh! Thanks, that will be good to know for future projects.