MPG 320x240 = 292x240?

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
JeffBTX

MPG 320x240 = 292x240?

Post by JeffBTX »

Hi, All

Multiquence version : 2.55
Goldwave version: 5.25

(After just now reading about some problems with LameEnc here in the forum, with newer versions of GoldWave, I WILL NOT be upgrading past GoldWave 5.25... I just don't want to deal with the headache of finding a new LameEnc-like thing that will work. Sometimes I *do* work with MP3. At any rate the versions of GW and MQ that I have work just fine for me).

I am just getting back into raytraced animations again. I do this from time to time, and then get wrapped up in other things and lose interest. This is currently the only reason that I ever use Multiquence. I use a raytracer (POV-Ray) to generate a lot of images / frames, and then "add image section". I may experiment later with adding sound sections; I may run into more problems then but for now there is just one minor little thing.

Problem: The images are 320x240. When I invoke "Save as Video", I specify 320x240, MPG. I use the default MPG settings. When I play the MPG back in Windows Media Player, "Properties" indicates that the MPG is 292x240 for some reason?

When I save as WMV, "Properties" indicates that it is 320x240, as it should be.

- Thanks, anticipating an answer, it is probably soem simple thing that I overlooked.
JeffBTX

Post by JeffBTX »

I stumbled upon the answer to this... while making an MPG, set the aspect ratio to "Square Pels".
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: MPG 320x240 = 292x240?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The new version of GoldWave (v5.5+) downloads and installs the correct version of the LAME encoder automatically. I've had significantly less technical support questions about LAME since the update, which seems to suggest that the new version is much better in that respect.

Chris
JeffBTX

Post by JeffBTX »

Chris;

Thanks, I have just downloaded GW 5.52 then. I will update shortly.

That isn't *specifically* mentioned on the website history / features list; 5.5+ updating the LAME encoder automatically.
JeffBTX

Re: MPG 320x240 = 292x240?

Post by JeffBTX »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:The new version of GoldWave (v5.5+) downloads and installs the correct version of the LAME encoder automatically. I've had significantly less technical support questions about LAME since the update, which seems to suggest that the new version is much better in that respect.

Chris
The built-in LAME download thingy is MOST convenient.

For the record, it has worked flawlessly so far.
:)

... Thanks Again