Warning: GoldWave v6.06 is a beta (test) version and may be unstable. Use this version for testing only. Do not redistribute.
GoldWave v6 requires Windows 7 64 bit or later. It will not run or install on any 32 bit versions of Windows.
GoldWave v6 is a major update to with many changes across the entire program, primarily for
multichannel support for up to 8 channels and 64 bit executable for accessing more than 2 GB of memory.
Larger tool bar buttons, themes, and many other interface changes have been made to improve usability.
The old compiled help system and manual have been replaced with a unified help file in standard HTML format.
- Only mono, stereo, 3.1, 5.1, and 7.1 channel layouts are supported. 4 channel stereo front/rear is not supported.
- The help/manual has not been fully updated.
- Memory storage is now used by default for faster processing. To use hard drive storage, use Options | Storage to change the setting. Files stored in memory cannot be recovered if a crash occurs.
- Settings are now stored in a file in standard XML format in the application data folder instead of the Windows registry. Licenses, which were stored in the registry, are not found automatically. A license must be entered again. Custom settings and presets from older versions of GoldWave will not be carried over to v6.00.
- APEFile, GWBPMCounter, GWMPVisual, DirectX plug-ins have not been updated yet.
- Some plug-ins are not supported yet. These include:
- QTFile - 64 bit version of QTMLClient.dll is not provided by Apple.
- GWVST - 32 bit VST modules cannot be loaded into a 64 bit program.
- GWAMP - 32 bit plug-ins cannot be loaded into a 64 bit program.
Restart your computer before installing GoldWave to eliminate any existing system instability.
GoldWave v6.06 Beta Download
Installation key required to install the beta version: bt-14
The installer will install the program in a "GoldWave6" folder to keep it separate from any previous installations of GoldWave.
Please report any problems through the contact form.