Control Interface to Goldwave?

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
paulr

Control Interface to Goldwave?

Post by paulr »

I have looked and played with the SDK to create additional plugins, but is there any way of controlling Goldwave from an external program such as
an ActiveX interface?

Paul
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Control Interface to Goldwave?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There is no way of controlling GoldWave through other software yet (except perhaps through window messages).

Chris
paulr

Post by paulr »

Any plans for this in the next version?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Control Interface to Goldwave?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

No external control is planned, at least for the near future.

Chris
Dale

Control interface

Post by Dale »

Is there any recent information available on this subject, or a feature availability schedule?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Control interface

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If you want to do simple editing, effects processing, and/or conversions, then all that can be done through the command line in recent versions of GoldWave. Search for "command line" in the help and manual for details.

Chris
Dale

Post by Dale »

I am trying to add simple audio processing via a SQL Server stored procedure execution. I have the following command which performs that proper file processing and works without user intervention from a command window:
C:\GoldWave\GoldWave.exe /process:BMS /proclog:nul "C:\BMSSite\Test.wav"

however, when I execute the following SQL command, the Goldwave process does not exit and must be manually terminated.:
exec master.dbo.xp_cmdshell 'C:\GoldWave\GoldWave.exe /process:BMS /proclog:nul "C:\BMSSite\Test.wav"'

I suspect that the problem is related to the fact the the SQL process does not provide any user interface at all. I hoped that the /proclog parameter would completely remove the need for user interaction, but that does seem to be enough.

Are there any suggestions about how to execute Goldwave in an environment that does not create a UI for the execution process?

Thanks,
Dale
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

My guess is that the SQL process is running as a different user. That user will not have the BMS preset, so GoldWave will not be able to continue. You'd have to export the batch processing preset in the registry and import it in the SQL process user account.

You can use Start | All Programs | GoldWave | GoldWave Setup to save all registry settings to a file.

Chris