running SampleEffect.pig

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
ChewingAluminumFoil

running SampleEffect.pig

Post by ChewingAluminumFoil »

Doesn't seem to be too much developer activity here, but here goes.

I've downloaded the SDK and can successfully build SampleEffect.dll. I copy it to the Effect directory and rename it to SampleEffect.pig. But then when I start GoldWave I don't see the Sample Invert or the Sample Volume effects that I expect.

I'm building from VS2008, and have fiddled with the project options "Link Dependency Inputs" and "Use Library Dependency Inputs" trying to force a static link. It builds a DLL 49152 bytes in size regardless.

If I drop a junk file in the Effect dir and name it SampleEffect.pig Goldwave complains on startup that the .pig file in invalid.

InspectExe from Silurian seems to indicate that it's a happy DLL, loadable, exporting one function _GetEffectInterface and it can test load it just fine.

Any way to determine why this filter is not loading in Goldwave and making itself available?

Thanks.

CAF
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: running SampleEffect.pig

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Make sure you have the compiler configured as explained in the "Compiling, Installing, and Testing" section of the SDK Guide. If the calling convention, alignment, or enum settings are wrong, then the plug-in won't work because the structure the _GetEffectInterface function returns won't be what GoldWave is expecting.

Chris