Matching 2 seperate recordings

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
cnuesmeyer

Matching 2 seperate recordings

Post by cnuesmeyer »

I am trying to match sound waves recordered seperately, can goldwave do that?
Stiiv

Re: Matching 2 seperate recordings

Post by Stiiv »

cnuesmeyer wrote:I am trying to match sound waves recordered seperately, can goldwave do that?
Hello, & welcome, uh, Meyer!

When you say "match", what exactly do you mean? Time-wise? Pitch? Throw us a bone. ;>
Stiiv
cnuesmeyer

here is the bone

Post by cnuesmeyer »

I am trying to match a sample recording with a control group recorded via goldwave. I know i will need additonal code to make goldwave do this i am just having difficulty meeting people who can do this.

I have a control group of 3 audio samples (A,B, and C - all three are playing different media voice, song, commercials....) that are recorded. then I have an outside user that can listen and switch between these sources (A,B,and C); I am recording what the user listens to. I need code that will map what source my external user listened to i.e. external user listened to source A. Then I need to to know if my external user has switched what source he is listening to i.e. external user was listeing to source A then switched to source B (I also need to know what time the switch took place in accordance with my control group).

I understand that Goldwave probably can not do this but I am sure that somebody can add some sort of code, provide a source that can, or even write new code that can do this. I have been researching this for some time one gentleman suggested that I need to use some sort decimation filter. I am not familiar enough with what that let alone how to use it.

I am using Goldwave to uniform the sound samples from my control and sample group (external user). If you can do this I would really like to talk, send me an email.