first GW tutorial up

GoldWave general discussions and community help
DewDude420

first GW tutorial up

Post by DewDude420 »

hey all...

i decided the other day to start writing GW tutorials when i was doing some basic editing.

so, today i finally sat down and did one...here i am, 4 hours later with the first...it's not finalized, and i can always continue to edit....but before i started writing more i wanted to get everyone's opinion on it.

http://musichack.wordpress.com/gw-tutor ... -splicing/

enjoy!
audioman

Kudos To You!

Post by audioman »

THANKS!!!
Your work is thorough, helpful and impressive.
You've obviously gone to a lot of trouble to compose this tutorial and it's bound to help many of us out here!
Fred
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

Yeah, doing a tutorial kind of slowed down how long it normally would have taken me to do a similar edit. i had actually done that same track about a week ago when i first got the idea..and it took maybe 2 minutes of listening and making sure i didn't have to replace anything else and then less than a minute to get a loop, make replacement sample and paste it in. when i wrote the tutorial...i started basically by writing things down as i was doing them in the program...getting down as much of my thought process as i needed to pass on...then take a bunch of screenshots...it actually took me longer to organize and edit the screenshots than it did anything else...but in the end, i think it came out pretty good.

at some point in the future i will better organize the tutorials..but for now (and, knowing me, quite some time), they'll randomly appear as i write them with the difficulty level varying greatly.
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Well done!