Feature request to consider

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
DewDude420

Feature request to consider

Post by DewDude420 »

hey chris,

ok ok, I know this is supposed to be for plug-in developers but i didn't want to bother you with an email and figured you might see this here next time you're around the forums..so sorry for going aginst forum description (as if i haven't done it before)

anyway, just an idea for something vista-wise..it'd be nice if somehow the taskbar popup could display the status indicator of plugin processes..i can tell it's a seperately spawned window within goldwave and doesn't show up for the same reason the control window doesn't..however i've found that, at least i (and i'm sure other people using vista) could benefit from maybe having an option to pick what will take over that icon....i mean, i don't know if you know anything about how that feature in aero works and if you'd have any control over it or not...i'm just mearly tossing it out there..i'm more than willing to research how that thing picks the windows it uses (although i don't really know any kind of code so i don't know if it'd be any help). anyway, just figured since i was sitting here waiting for something to process and had the thought pop up i'd post it here.

thanks.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Feature request to consider

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If you click on the GoldWave item in the taskbar during batch processing, the progress window should appear. I'll see what other possibilities might exist under Vista, but XP compatibility is still a requirement.

Chris
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

Yeah. I knew about that..works that way in vista too. But i've come addicted to the "live window" icons that pop up when you hover over the applications. I'm not entirely sure how that'd affect XP compatibility. But, just something to stick on a post it.