Listening to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" Cool!!!

GoldWave general discussions and community help
cdeamaze

Listening to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" Cool!!!

Post by cdeamaze »

Here is the script for the familiar song, "Twinkle, twinkle little star", using expression evaluator and a single math equation:

(sin(2*349*pi*t)*(step(t)-step(t-1))+ sin(2*523*pi*t)*(step(t-1)-step(t-2))+ sin(2*587*pi*t)*(step(t-2)-step(t-3))+ sin(2*523*pi*t)*(step(t-3)-step(t-4))+ sin(2*466*pi*t)*(step(t-4)-step(t-5))+ sin(2*440*pi*t)*(step(t-5)-step(t-6))+ sin(2*392*pi*t)*(step(t-6)-step(t-7))+ sin(2*349*pi*t)*(step(t-7)-step(t-8))+sin(2*523*pi*t)*(step(t-8)-step(t-9))+ sin(2*466*pi*t)*(step(t-9)-step(t-10))+ sin(2*440*pi*t)*(step(t-10)-step(t-11))+ sin(2*392*pi*t)*(step(t-11)-step(t-12))+ sin(2*523*pi*t)*(step(t-12)-step(t-13))+ sin(2*466*pi*t)*(step(t-13)-step(t-14))+ sin(2*440*pi*t)*(step(t-14)-step(t-15))+ sin(2*392*pi*t)*(step(t-15)-step(t-16))+sin(2*349*pi*t)*(step(t-16)-step(t-17))+ sin(2*523*pi*t)*(step(t-17)-step(t-18))+ sin(2*587*pi*t)*(step(t-18)-step(t-19))+ sin(2*523*pi*t)*(step(t-19)-step(t-20))+ sin(2*466*pi*t)*(step(t-20)-step(t-21))+ sin(2*440*pi*t)*(step(t-21)-step(t-22))+ sin(2*392*pi*t)*(step(t-22)-step(t-23))+ sin(2*349*pi*t)*(step(t-23)-step(t-24)))*((1-2*abs(1-2*0.5*t%0.5))*(step(t)-step(t-3)+step(t-4)-step(t-7)+step(t-8)-step(t-11)+step(t-12)-step(t-15)+step(t-16)-step(t-19)+step(t-20)-step(t-23))+(1-2*abs(1-2*1*t%1))*(step(t-3)-step(t-4)+step(t-7)-step(t-8)+step(t-11)-step(t-12)+step(t-15)-step(t-16)+step(t-19)-step(t-20)+step(t-23)-step(t-24)))

Can not listen to a equation? Read the next post!
P.S.The above equation includes the treble clef only, it is not difficult to extend the equation to include bass clef.
Last edited by cdeamaze on Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
cdeamaze

Listening to "Twinkle Twinkle Star" via Equations

Post by cdeamaze »

FYI, the above eqations are implemented at the following site:
http://cdeamaze.tripod.com/twinkle.html

You can select Treble, Bass or Combined for your listening pleasure. Enjoy!
Last edited by cdeamaze on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
cdeamaze

Troubleshooting if you can not hear any music...

Post by cdeamaze »

If you can not hear any music :( , check the follwing instructions:
System Requirements:
(1)Newer Browser such as Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, Netscape 7.0 or later.
(2)The above web page is using Java technology! That means you need to enable Java if you have not done so. Here is how you do for Internet Explorer users:
Within Internet Explorer menus, find the menu Tools, and then find its submenu Internet Options... which in turn will lead you to its own tab Advnced. Click on Advanced tab, look for a "coffee cup" icon , this is the Java(Sun) category. There is only one checkbox, make sure it is checked. While you are at Advanced tab, go to near the bottom of your list to find a "lock" icon, this is the Security Category. There are many checkboxes in this category. Find the 2nd checkbox with title "Allow active content to run in files on my computer". Make sure it is checked also. Finally, click OK.
(3)Make sure your turn your speakers on. Louder if you have trouble listening.

How can you tell if your system is working?
First you will see signs of coffee brewing, you know Java is loading an applet. Wait for the "four-season" picture to load, if you see the picture, you are in good shape! There is a control above the picture, it has 3 options: Treble Bass or Combined, pick the one you like,when you change your option, it also changes picture for you. Now you are ready to enjoy! :D
cdeamaze

Listening to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"

Post by cdeamaze »

A basic midi version of the song is implemented and posted to the same site. For comparison, a professional midi version, downloaded from Internet, is also included for your listening pleasure. The new menu now has 5 choices: Treble, Bass, Combine, Midi Basic, and Midi Pro.

All except the last song (midi pro) are my original work. Please note the last two entries have nothing to do with GoldWave. In fact, GoldWave does not support midi files. The midi file is extremely small(451 byte). By contrast, the size of combined version is one thousand times bigger at 516K!
cdeamaze

Listening to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"

Post by cdeamaze »

It is nice to hear midi pro, but we need someone who can sing for us here. Fortunately, we have the last piece which I call wave pro. The artists are Noelle & John. It is readily available from the Internet but I decided to include it for your listening pleasure.

The new menu now has 6 choices: Treble, Bass, Wave Basic, Midi Basic, Midi Pro, and Wave pro. As before, Wave Basic (formally Combined) is a mix of the first two songs: Treble and Bass. Notice that 4th and 5th entry are midi files which are NOT supported by GoldWave.

As we add the menu, it will take extra time to load. Make sure you give sufficient time to load and enjoy!
Memory King

Re: Listening to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" Cool!!!

Post by Memory King »

Sorry about the bump, but I was wondering something.

I've pasted the equation into the GoldWave Expression Evaluator, and get to here the song. Anyone know the best way to enhance it so the quality is as good as on the website?

Thanks in advance!
cdeamaze

Post by cdeamaze »

Memory King wrote:Sorry about the bump, but I was wondering something.

I've pasted the equation into the GoldWave Expression Evaluator, and get to here the song. Anyone know the best way to enhance it so the quality is as good as on the website?
Thanks for your interest in my site.
Try something like triangular modulation.
cdeamaze

Geocities is closing my website!

Post by cdeamaze »

cdeamaze wrote:FYI, the above eqations are implemented at the following site:
http://www.geocities.com/cdeamaze/twinkle.html
Three year after I posted my website, I hate to tell you that Geocities is closing my website effective today. My host is not just closing my sites, it is closing all its FREE websites.
cdeamaze

Geocities site update

Post by cdeamaze »

I should thank Yahoo/Geocities for hosting my site for more than three years.
Last time I checked it is still up and running. But it's not going to be a problem for me even if it is closed. I'm in the process of converting it to another site. If enough people are interested, I'll consider reopen it again!
cdeamaze

Post by cdeamaze »

Good news. This site is up and running again!
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star