Parametric Coe's

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
WIZZARD

Parametric Coe's

Post by WIZZARD »

Goldwave incorporates a parametric equalizer using digital filtering.
I would like to obtain a plug-in, or perhaps create one :? , that would display the coefficients of the filter used.
Is this beyond the scope of the development package ?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Parametric Coe's

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There is no way to display the coefficients of GoldWave's Parametric EQ filter. You'd have to create a parametric equalizer plug-in from scratch. You'd need a background in C++ programming and some Windows GUI knowledge to create a window to display/change the coefficients.

Chris
WIZZARD

Parametric Coefficients

Post by WIZZARD »

Thanks for the immediate response.
I didn't want to "re-invent the wheel" so to speak.
There are progams I use such as QEDesign and MATLAB to spit out coes for digital filters, but these take some time to get to know how to operate them :wink:
Goldwave is an excellent, powerful, compact, audio tool that I can/do recommend to anyone !

Hats off to Chris S. Craig for providing such a useful program.
WIZZARD

Parametric Equalizer

Post by WIZZARD »

Could you please post the equations that may be plugged into the expression evaluator ? :D
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Parametric Equalizer

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

A Parametric Equalizer cannot be easily implemented or processed through the Expression Evaluator. It could require using multiple expressions across multiple files. There is no single equation (as far as I know) that will do everything that GoldWave's Parametric Equalizer does.

Chris