Delete audio segment every so many seconds.

GoldWave general discussions and community help
TheDragon

Delete audio segment every so many seconds.

Post by TheDragon »

I have a couple audio files that have skips in them.
The skips are regular, though, so I was wondering if there's any way GoldWave can do this:

Every 4sec 17ms, delete the next 12ms.

This should line up the audio properly and remove every skip. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
Tristan

Re: Delete audio segment every so many seconds.

Post by Tristan »

There's no automated feature in GoldWave that will give you the result you're looking for.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
TheDragon

Post by TheDragon »

Really? This isn't something that could be done with the expression evaluator or something?
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

If the "skips" are silent (or quieter than the rest of the program) you can try Effect -> Filter -> Silence Reduction.

Otherwise, I'd probably just dive-in and start editing manually. How long are the files? A couple-hundred edits like this can probably be done in an hour or so.

There's probably something you can do with expression evaluator, but it's beyond anything I've ever done, and beyond anything I'd want to do with a single expression... I guess you'd have to come-up with with an algorithm/procedure and fit that algorithm into an expression. The modulus operator (%) might be helpful for finding the 4017ms repeats... And my intuition is telling me the greater-than and less-than operators would be useful.

If you are a programmer, there is a FREE SDK and you can write a plug-in. If you know how to program, it seems a lot easier to write a program, where you can loop, use if-statements, and have more variables. (I do some programming, but I've never tried the GoldWave SDK.)
Last edited by DougDbug on Tue May 03, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

I'll admit that I've never used expression evaluator. I'd just do what Doug suggested and do things manually.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
dronelebeau

Post by dronelebeau »

i am no expert so I think it's manually this time. :|
Stewerdess: Do you need help fastening your seatbelt?
Gambit: Need... or want?